Friday, July 17, 2009

Abilene Kansas Image.....Kind Of A Creepy One!

Hi All,
As promised I am adjusting more images of the Kansas trip as time allows. Below is an old abandoned hotel shot done in the dark in downtown Abilene, KS. I used several strobe flash pops to expose the exterior during the 30 second exposure. It really has a beautiful sky hue and the tones throughout the brick are simply wonderful. However, the hotel itself was rather menacing and creepy, reminding me of an Alfred Hitchcock themed location. To see it at night made it all the more scary, yet in the day it blended into the downtown scenery and was indistinguishable. I really like this image and think it reflects the Landon Collis Photography style and the presence my images command with their audience. Until next time my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment